26.1.14

sock knitting

Dear Annie,



I am a little surprised to be telling you this, but it seems that I have an inner sock-knitter. To be truthful, I never saw the attraction in knitting socks (such thin yarn, such small needles...) Then, for Christmas, baby E (child of the wriggliest toes) was given a pair of hand-knit socks, and they were the ONLY pair that had ever stayed on his feet. So, I decided that I would have a try at knitting him a pair myself. I splashed out on a skein of delicious Koigu PPPM on a Christmas trip to Loop, bought a set of tiny double -pointed needles, and cast on. 

It turns out that sock knitting is actually really satisfying. Even the turning of the heel wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be.I am now halfway through the second sock, and still, I am loving it. Who knew!?

When I finish this teeny weeny pair, perhaps I will go crazy and cast on a pair for myself. Perhaps...

Love from,

Laura

PS: I love, love, love your skirt! Also glad to see you channelling your inner Jean Shrimpton...

(Details of the socks are over on Ravelry.)

5 comments:

  1. Aww Laura that sock is so cute!! Must see the finished result on baby E :)

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Perfect Eyebrows: Long-Lasting 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sock, welcome to the world of the sock knitter. They are such fun to knit and the perfect carry about knitting. You'll soon understand why people say it's addictive. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are adorable! I am so in awe of people that can knit socks. I am new to your blog by the way, but loving what I have seen, and I am looking forward to reading more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute & very neat :-) I must admit that sock knitting has never appealed to me because I've heard that doing the heels / toes is tricky but you make it sound ok. Even tempting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, we love to hear what you have to say.
Annie and Laura x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...